Founder, Managing Partner
Managing Partner at Whiteshield with more than 20 years of experience in strategy consulting and policy advisory globally, including industrial and innovation policies, microeconomics, private sector development and competitiveness policies.
Fadi Farra is also an academic and senior lecturer at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government since 2009. Prior to founding Whiteshield, Fadi was Head of Unit at the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) in Paris, working on a broad range of economic and public policy topics.
As a trained economist, he had joined the OECD after a career in strategy consulting with the Boston Consulting Group and AT Kearney in New York and London as a Principal. As founder of Whiteshield, Fadi Farra was awarded the 2019 Global Leaders in Consulting Award with Excellence in Innovation and the 2021 Top 25 Consultants with Excellence in the Public Sector by Consulting Magazine.
Fadi chaired the Global Agenda Council on the Future of Manufacturing Council of the World Economic Forum and is a regular commentator in global media.
- Manufacturing and industrial policy
- Innovation policy
- Country and sector competitiveness
- Private sector development
- Capital and labour markets
- Venture capital
- Capability building
- Market entry
M.Sc. Management Economics, London School of Economics
M.Sc. International Management, HEC Paris / Community of European Management Schools
M.A. Government, Institut D’Etudes Politiques d’ Aix-en-Provence
Publications & Videos
- Sustainable Development Goals and Capability Development, UNDP – Whiteshield, 2016
- The Future of Manufacturing: Driving Capabilities, Enabling Investments, Global Agenda Council on the Future of Manufacturing, World Economic Forum – Whiteshield, 2014
- Improving regional performance in Russia: A capability-based approach, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Harvard Business Review, 2013
- Competitiveness challenges in Central Asia and Kazakhstan – Harvard International Review – Author
- Unlocking the manufacturing potential of Egypt – UNIDO – Whiteshield
- Manufacturing capabilities & innovation in Tunisia and Morocco – EBRD – Whiteshield
- Eastern Europe and South Caucasus Competitiveness Outlook, OECD
- Central Asia Competitiveness Outlook, OECD
- Sector-specific source of competitiveness in the Western Balkans, OECD
- Competitiveness Strategy for the Republic of Moldova, OECD
- The potential of Ukraine, Wall Street Journal
- Economic perspectives, Wall Street Journal
- Opportunities in India, Forum (USA)
- Opportunities in China, Forum (USA)
- Emerging market priorities for global retailers, European Business Review, Harvard Business School
Making reforms through behaviour economics
Usual policy-making does not always prove successful, given the inconsistency of human behaviour.
Top 25 Consultants Award
December 2021- Fadi Farra, Founder and Partner of global consulting firm Whiteshield, has been named to Consulting magazine’s 2021 Top 25 Consultants list. The annual award honours professionals making the most significant impact within the consulting industry. Farra is recognised for Excellence in Public Sector.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe now to receive our latest news