Partner & Director
Founder, Director & Partner at Whiteshield with more than 20 years of ePartner and Director at Whiteshield with 20 years of experience in strategy and policy advisory, including competitiveness, private sector development, investment, innovation, entrepreneurship, employment and sustainable development.
Anthony O’Sullivan is also a professor at the grande école Sciences Po (Paris Institute of Political Studies) since 2008. Prior to joining Whiteshield, he was a Deputy Director in the Secretary-General’s Office and Head of the Private Sector Development at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
He started his career as a consultant at Accenture before joining Michael Porter’s Monitor Group where he also developed his credentials on country competitiveness. Before moving to the OECD, he spent several years at A.T. Kearney, as a senior manager in strategy, and as a European representative for the Global Business Policy Council, a leading global think tank on government strategy and country competitiveness. Anthony was also a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council and part of the Advisory Board for the WEF’s World Competitiveness Report.
Areas of Expertise
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Private sector development
- Labour markets
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Sustainable development
- Advanced Management Degree, Harvard Business School
- M.A. in Development Studies, London School of Economics
- Honours B.A. in Economics and Political Science, McGill University
Publications and videos
Anthony O’Sullivan is an author and contributor to a number of books and papers on competitiveness, investment, innovation, entrepreneurship and digital disruption. He is also also a regular contributor to written and televised media.
- “Sustainable Development Goals & Capability-based Development in Regions of Kazakhstan”, National Human Development Report 2016 (United Nations Development Programme 2016)
- “Tapping the Potential of Global Value Chains for Africa”, Africa Competitiveness Report 2015, (World Economic Forum, 2015)
- Business Climate Review of Egypt: Investment Policies and Public-Private Partnership (OECD, 2014).
- “The Seven Habits of Highly Responsible Business”, Private Sector Development Working Paper, 2014.
- Public-Private Partnerships in the Middle East and North Africa Region: A Handbook for Policy Makers (OECD 2014).
- “The Arab Awakening act II: Time to Move More Boldly on Investment”, Columbia FDI Perspectives n.91 (March 2013)
- “Foreign Investment Policies and Job Creation in the MENA Region” in the Arab World Competitiveness Report 2011-2012 (World Economic Forum and OECD, 2011).
- “Bringing Trust back to the Investment Regime” in Foreign Direct Investment from Emerging Markets: The Challenges Ahead, edited by Karl Sauvant (Palgrave Macmillan 2010).
- Investment Reform Index 2010 “Monitoring Policies and Institutions for Direct Investment in South East Europe” (OECD 2010)”.
- “Islamic Banking: An Asset of Promise?” OECD Observer (2009).
Top 25 Consultant Awards
December 2021- Fadi Farra, Founder and Partner of global consulting firm Whiteshield, has been named to Consulting magazine’s 2021 Top 25 Consultants list. The annual award honours professionals making the most significant impact within the consulting industry. Farra is recognised for Excellence in Public Sector.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe now to receive our latest news